Today we're releasing some important updates for VSquare Backup that will introduce important fixes for both Hyper-V and generic backup functionality.
Since some of the components are breaking compatibility with previous versions, automatic upgrade will not find this patch.
To execute a manual upgrade do as follows :
- Stop VSquare Backup Service
- Download the x64 package or the x86 package, depending on your OS architecture
- If required by your OS, unblock the downloaded zip
- Restart the VSquare Backup Service
If your prefer you can also download the full 18.104.22.168 package and install over your current installation : all required files will be automatically upgraded.
If you have any problem with upgrading or using VSquare Backup please be sure to ask in the forum!
Full 22.214.171.124 patch notes:
- Fixed a bug preventing the client to be opened by multiple users simultaneously on multiple terminal sessions.
- The news section of the client will now display the list of the latest 3 wiki articles or blog entries published on VSquare official website.
- Fixed a localization problem preventing virtual machines to be found on specific datacenters.
- Exchange restore will now automatically create a restore folder named after the selected inbox and not after the job id.
- Messages with unrecoverable email addresses will be restored with placeholder addresses instead of being skipped.
- You can now stop a backupset running directly from the schedule interface. VSquare will handle folder and snapshots cleanup before complete stop.
- You can now force the execution of a scheduled backupset while idle. Execution will be treated as asap execution mode.
- You can now force the execution of a task outside of configured channel limits. Task execution will be treated as asap execution mode.